William Lovell Academy Ofsted Report
William Lovell Church of England Academy was last inspected in June 2013.
Overall Effectiveness: 2
Achievement of Pupils: 2
Quality of Teaching: 2
Behaviour and Safety of Pupils: 2
Leadership and Management: 2
- “Students understand their work and respond well in lessons”.
- Teachers make use of good questioning to challenge, promote learning and check how well students understand their work”
- “The assessment of students' learning helps them achieve well”.
- “Teachers encourage students to take up leadership positions and give to the community”.
- “Students show pride by their contributions”.
- Teachers are knowledgeable about their subjects and use assessment information to plan activities which are demanding for all students”.
- “Safeguarding procedures are well managed and meet all statutory requirements. All staff are trained appropriately in safeguarding, safer recruitment and child protection”.
- “Provision for students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is strong in the Academy”.
- “Students feel safe, display positive attitudes and show commitment to their learning”.
- “The quality of teaching for disabled students and those who have special educational needs is consistently good. Work is well matched to their abilities and challenging. Teaching assistants support them but encourage them to be self-reliant”.
Areas of Improvement: