At William Lovell Academy we understand the value of clear communication and aspire to empower our students with the literacy skills they need, not just to achieve and exceed their potential in school, but to prepare them for the wider world that awaits them.
How Literacy Is Taught Across The Academy.
Across all subjects in the academy, literacy is:
- reading, writing, speaking and listening
- spelling, punctuation and grammar
- taught, understood and learnt
- accuracy and fluency
- the responsibility of teachers, students and parents
- rewarded by literacy merits.