FREE SCHOOL MEALS @ WLA
WHAT ARE FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
Free school meals is a scheme in which eligible students are able to recieve a funded school lunch from the academy.
IS MY CHILD ELIGIBLE?
In order for your child to qualify for free school meals you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 (as at April 2012)
- Universal Credit
- *unless in the Working Tax Credit 'run on' - the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Young people who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
what can i do?
If you believe that you meet the qualifying criteria for free school meals then please download and fill in the application form below. Or contact the school office for a printed version. We will then check that the information you provided on the registration form is correct and process your application. After this has been verified, and if you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit, we will contact Lincolnshire County Council to request a recheck and inform you of the outcome.